Gizmow 61" Mower Spindles

FarmerCharlie

Threads
One of the spindles on my 11-year-old Gizmow ZTR has finally gone bad. The Gizmow part number is H18056. A similar appearing Great Dane spindle is Oregon 82-328, but it has a spline pulley attachment instead of the key on my Gizmow. That would require replacing the pulleys. Does anyone have any suggestions? I do assume that I should go ahead and replace all three spindles, since the mower is 11 years old and has suffered lots of abuse from sticks and stones over the years. I really don't want to give up on this really good mower. I do have an EGO battery mower as a backup for mowing the front yard, but I don't think it would stand up to the abuse I have given to the Gizmow, and I would never feel safe mowing the back side of my dam with it.
The images below are of my spindle and the Oregon spindle. I'm trying to get more details on the dimensions of the Oregon spindle, but they do look very similar.

20200520_175105_1000W.jpg82-328.png

Thanks,
Charlie

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Be a bit careful
While in theory you should be able to put almost any spindle in there things like height of blades and bolt size are important .
Grat dane use the same spindle as a John Deere on their chariot models and they are a direct swap .
So it would be no surprise if a small maker like Gismow did the same .

FarmerCharlie

Threads
The Oregon spindle did work. I bought three spindles and pulleys, but the replacement for the bad spindle was such a close match that we only replaced it and saved the others for when the next ones go bad. (It's 11 years old, and this was the first major expense I have had).