Getting Paint off Vinyl

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
You may also have some wd40 in the garage, who doesn't have wd 40 somewhere? I have had good luck with that in situations where you need a solvent but you don't want to ruin a finnish. I've used it to remove large amounts of pine sap from rifle stocks. works perfect, quickly and easily.
If you have some, spray it on a cloth and see if it works on the paint and not the floor.

Driller

Threads
Try using a paste of the Windex and some Bon Ami cleaner....I use Bon Ami for a lot of cleaning projects, my wifes car has factory chrome wheels and brake dust builds up fast...paint thinner and Bon Ami work better for cleaning the dust off than any expensive wheel cleaner I have ever tried.

What does "a paste of Windex" mean? I've never heard that phrase before and have no clue what it means. Of course, this isn't my problem, but I'm curious what this means.

Hershey

Threads
You are right, I do have WD-40. I bought one solvent a while back and it didn't work. I sort of got frustrated with the whole thing and let it sit. I'm ready to tackle it again, I think. I may just try this first before venturing into purchasing another solvent as recommend.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
What does "a paste of Windex" mean? I've never heard that phrase before and have no clue what it means. Of course, this isn't my problem, but I'm curious what this means.

Windex is a liquid and bon ami is a powder, the 2 togther would make a paste....right.:rolleyes:
Amonia and cleanser paste........
Get it?

An72

Forum Newbie
Threads
As an additional Vinyl paint is commonly used for automobile detailing because it holds up against the elements and adheres well to the smooth metal surfaces of a car. Although vinyl paint makes for easy detailing, it also makes for difficult removal. Because it is specifically designed to be durable and strongly adhesive, vinyl paint will not come off with traditional paint removers.

monica123

Threads
Thanks folks, I learned a lot from this post. We are about to start some renovations and that is some good stuff to have knowledge of.

Aleks

Threads
I suggest the plastic scraper to get it off. On my vinyl laminate floors I use a butter knife by gently scraping or my fingernails sometimes work too. Hope that helps! My floor looks like new