Gas leaking from primer bulb - Tecumseh diapgragm carb TC 200 / 300 engine

waylonJ

Threads
  • / Gas leaking from primer bulb - Tecumseh diapgragm carb TC 200 / 300 engine
Hello - I am trying to fix a Tecumseh carb (Tollison) and it's leaking really bad from the primer.
I did do a really thorough cleaning and while in the metering area I noticed the float pin tab used to adjust to the perfect measurement was really low. I just placed a straight edge accross the carb and bent the tab up until it hit was near and level with the straight edge. Like I said it was really low to begin with. I can try to bend it back down to see if it helps. I wonder if this is a unique case where the tab SHOULD be lower that flush to the body. I pulled and cleaned the needle and seat area - it looked fine.

Update - I did bend the needle valve down and it still leaks.
With no presses of the primer I am getting a stream of gas out of the primer port of the carb. Really aggravating!

Could this be a bad check valve? How about a bad pump diaphragm?

Thanks!

Last edited:

waylonJ

Threads
Sorry for the bump but I am really confused on why gas would be leaking from the primer bulb fitting.

Last edited:

waylonJ

Threads
Thanks Rivets! I will check-out the manual too.