Gas Cans

Mattmotors

Threads
You know what they say, If you want to really mess something up, Get the Government involved. I had the newest 5 gallon EPA approved gas can with a gallon of gas in it. I put the spout in my Cub Cadet tank, pushed the lever down with my palm. Grabbed the flange with my fingers and pushed the square block in. Gas all over the place. Apparently it was under under pressure. Got a little warm. So much for the environmentally friendly gas tank. I haven't checked but I wonder if the tank says contents may be under pressure. What was wrong with a spout and a vent? Well now I'm vented. I have to go now and plug in my electric car and let it charge for 36 hours so I can drive it for 3 weeks to get to Florida. Thanks for listening , Matt.

deminin

Threads
These new gas can spouts are a real PITA.

Chevychopper

Threads
Get the aftermarket replacement spouts for your cans, no fancy gadgets or vavles.. they're available online or in some box
Stores

Screenshot_20221105-150517-476.png

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get the aftermarket replacement spouts for your cans, no fancy gadgets or vavles.. they're available online or in some box
Stores

View attachment 62745

That's how I roll, but my cans came that way long ago (old school Blitz® cans) & for winter I make sure my cans are empty & I leave the end cap on loosely, then cover with clean sandwich baggie & gumband. So as temps change the cans don't get sucked in from difference in temps, so they can breathe & still stay clean inside..

My neighbor has those fancy cans & in winter his cans are crumpled in.. While mine are fine & dandy..

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i've probably spilled more gas attempting to use 3 hands to pour out of a new can, than an old one. now i just let my pump do most of the work.

OldDiyer

Threads
Good way to solve the plastic can problems is just go 0ld school and buy Metal gas cans. I have had mine for many years. I have 5gal for regular fuels and have 2 small gallon cans for mixed 2 cycle mixes. The only thing is you may need a funnel as the cans don't always have a very long spout.

sheenist

Threads
What is the reason we cannot install a vent to allow the gas to flow?
Sheenist