FX850V-AS47R Wiring Diagram?

Sabre2th

Threads
Hello! I recently purchased an FX850V-AS47R engine as a replacement/upgrade on my commercial eXmark mower. Was getting ready to wire a mating connector for the 16-pin connector on the engine, but schematics that I have found (Ferris-based) don't seem to match the actual pin-out of the connector. Does anybody here have a service manual, etc., that would have that motor-side diagram? I contacted Kawasaki online, they said to order a manual from my local dealer, dealer said they couldn't get it..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is the only site which I can find which has Kawasaki service manuals. Hopefully this will help.

Sabre2th

Threads
Wish it was there, but they don't have anything that covers the EFI engines at all..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you still hae the old engine then pull all of the covers and see where the wires go ( or come from )
Do the same for the new engine.
In many cases there are redundant wires from things like temperature senders , oil level senders , oil pressure senders
The factory manual does not have any wiring information other than the general wiring to the 4 pin plug.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Went back in through my wholesalers portal but nothing on the 850-EFI
However I could find some information on the 921 EFI.
With a bit of luck, they might be similar enough to get you going

Attachments

• fx921-wiring.pdf
    309.1 KB · Views: 26

Sabre2th

Threads
I may have to completely open up the new wiring harness to trace what I can, but there is literally NOTHING similar wiring-wise between the old FX801V and the newer EFI setup. Going from the simple 6-pin connector to a delphi 16-pin and have to wire up an upgraded ignition switch, throttle rocker switch, and throttle control module. Would be no problem at all with a connector pin-out that matches this engine. I've found the chassis-side diagram for Ferris mowers, but it has connections mapped that match to pin locations where there are no wires.

If you still hae the old engine then pull all of the covers and see where the wires go ( or come from )
Do the same for the new engine.
In many cases there are redundant wires from things like temperature senders , oil level senders , oil pressure senders
The factory manual does not have any wiring information other than the general wiring to the 4 pin plug.

Bri06886

Forum Newbie
Threads
I may have to completely open up the new wiring harness to trace what I can, but there is literally NOTHING similar wiring-wise between the old FX801V and the newer EFI setup. Going from the simple 6-pin connector to a delphi 16-pin and have to wire up an upgraded ignition switch, throttle rocker switch, and throttle control module. Would be no problem at all with a connector pin-out that matches this engine. I've found the chassis-side diagram for Ferris mowers, but it has connections mapped that match to pin locations where there are no wires.

Sabre2th,
How did you make out with that engine swap, i'm trying to do the same thing and scratching my head trying to figure out if its worth it.

Thanks
Brian

Sabre2th

Threads
Sabre2th,
How did you make out with that engine swap, i'm trying to do the same thing and scratching my head trying to figure out if its worth it.

Thanks
Brian
I haven't.. It's still sitting in the back of my shop waiting for the info I need. Kawasaki was no help at all. I just got my old engine running a bit better until..