Full throttle off load???

Liazard

Forum Newbie
Threads
According to the manual for a Stihl KM 91-R, "A factory new machine should not be run at high revs (full throttle off load) for the first three tank fillings." I find the bit in parentheses very confusing.

Can someone explain what exactly I'm NOT allowed to do during the first three tanks? Am I supposed to always operate at less than full throttle, even when the tool is under load? Alternatively, I'm guessing whether "off load" means when the string trimmer (for example) is not actually cutting, or the edger is not actually edging. Is that right? Does that mean I can operate at full throttle when tool is under load?

Also, is there some time limit on how long it can be at full throttle? Is it for long periods? Because it with the trigger engaged it starts at full throttle, and the dealer already operated it at fullt throttle for a minute or so to be sure it worked.

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, I just tell the customer to just use it normally.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Shindaiwa manual states to avoid WFO 10,000rpms when not under a cutting / trimming load. Bought it new back in 2015, never any issue..