Fuel Running Out of Primer Bulb

flywire

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lawn mower was running rough so I pulled the carby off and gave it a clean. When I reassembled it the fuel is running from the hole in the primer bulb. The engine is off a gardenline-50620 which I brought new and I haven't replaced any parts. Any ideas why the fuel is running out the hole when it wasn't before?

1634454432345.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The carburetor is flooding and / or the one way valve ( if fitted ) in the primer line is faulty.
Being a Garden Line I doubt there e be a one way valve as they cost 2¢ more to make .
Good chance you have not assembled the carby properly and some thing is preventing the float valve from shutting off the fuel .

flywire

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I'll pull the carby apart and check it again. Hopefully, I didn't lose any parts.

The primer bulb just sits inside a black round plastic ring which clicks into slots on the air cleaner. The carby has a needle on the float to shut off the fuel and I pulled the center jet out to clean it then reassembled everything.

Last edited:

flywire

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I originally pulled the carby off the pin holding the float in fell out. I'd put the float in upside down so I turned it over and it fixed the problem.

btw, Seems this is a Honda-style carby (ie posted to wrong area).