fuel pump blues

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Without a making a short story long - does anyone know of or have a new old stock, or non-cracked rebuildable core 692026 fuel pump they are interested in selling - or know someone who does have one? I don't fabricate things well, and the 8hp Briggs and Stratton engine on a Bluebird lawn comber had a bad fuel pump. I put in the newer style larger round one but it is flopping around behind the airbox and I'd rather fix it with the original part. Am a better mechanic than fabricator.

692026 Fuel Pump.jpg

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
thank you but wrong body - mine has the 3 ports on the same side - that said, the top is cracked on mine so I need a whole core or a new one. It is an obsolete part but was used on hundreds of thousands of B/S engines so someone somewhere shouid have a core lying around on their parts motors they'd sell. It is like the VW bus parts in another forum I belong to. Millions of a specific part were made but no one knew to save the old cores when they came off or went to the crusher. I can put a VW bus part up for sale and it will sit a year with no offers then 10 people want it a week after I get tired of looking at it and toss it. The influx of disposable equipment makes life interesting for those of us who hang onto things, or who buy old things.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
think I found a couple used cores from a boneyard. Will know later today.

update : close but no cigar. Still looking

Last edited:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
How about the engine model number so I can find it.
Found this too
https://www.ebay.com/i/272765337907?chn=ps&dispItem=1

that is the replacement that one has to fabricate a bracket for. It does not come close to fitting where the old one was unless one lets it flop around only secured by the hoses. That works short term so I was able to do the lawn tonight but I wouldn't want to leave it that way long term. Hoses can chafe thru like that. The machine vibrates pretty good. I figure there were about 100,000 to a million of those pumps made so someone has a core out there they want to sell to make a quick buck on. That or maybe someone can tell me which bracket that is made will fit the engines generically. Engine is a 192402-645-1A .

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
thank you - will give it a try today.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
they did not have one. I am always puzzled, even in the VW bus community where maybe a million units were made but no one thought to keep a few cores lying around. Now parts that were $5 new can be worth a hundred dollars just as a core. This fuel pump seems to be the same. Everyone knows which one it but no one kept the old ones as cores. I'd pay a finder's fee for a nos one or rebuildable core.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Richard at Harald's Small Engine e-mailed today and said they found one. Awesome. Many thanks to BlazNT for the recommendation to contact them.

http://www.haraldonline.com/

Steve