Fuel level

Tom Keilman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a new Husqvarna Z242F Zero Turn. I see nothing in the manual, nor do I see anything on the mower itself to tell how much fuel is left in the tank. Am I missing something? when I open the cap and look in the tank it appears empty but that is because the bottom of the tank is at an angle and yo can't really see the deepest part of the fuel level thru the opening.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Keep the tank full. Problem solved. Easy right?

And you guys running E-10 acid fuel, this is even better for you. Eliminates the air space inside the tank.

slomo

Born2Mow

Threads
If you can insert a thin, wooden yard stick, it will easily indicate the fuel level. You could even add your own marks. Hang it up on the wall and it will be dry when you need to measure again.

My son's Boy Scout troop had a diesel bus donated. It had a 95gal fuel tank with NO fuel gauge. So I had to start doing the same dipstick trick.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you can insert a thin, wooden yard stick, it will easily indicate the fuel level. You could even add your own marks. Hang it up on the wall and it will be dry when you need to measure again.

My son's Boy Scout troop had a diesel bus donated. It had a 95gal fuel tank with NO fuel gauge. So I had to start doing the same dipstick trick.
His has a curve in the bottom like johnny dearest mowers do. Can't see the bottom.

slomo

Born2Mow

Threads
His has a curve in the bottom like Johnny Dearest mowers do. Can't see the bottom.
I understand all that. I have the same type setup on my Exmark... you can't actually see the fuel due to an S-turn in the fill neck. But it might be possible to get a slender and flexible wooden rod to snake in there. If not a thin give-away yard stick, then try a 1/4" wooden dowel.