FS80R URGET SUGGESTIONS!

StihlTech864

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had an old man bring a FS80R in for repairs a couple weeks ago. Totally destroyed flywheel. Wouldn’t run. Frayed throttle cable. Covered in mud and dirt and grass. OLD! I got it running and informed him the flywheel was missing “blades” and they appeared to have been breaking off over the years. He came back in after reading that on his engine checklist and told me to go ahead with the repairs on it. (Didn’t do repairs to flywheel first time around cause he said to get it running and I wasn’t gonna do more then what he asked). Well I changed them flywheel, clutch, air filter, fuel filter/pickup body, and cleaned the trimmer to near brand new quality. But after all that, it won’t start. Checked for spark. It has spark. It has compression. Even threw a new carburetor on it just to see if maybe, just maybe that was the reason and still nothing. Ignition module has correct gap set to flywheel magnets. Everything is as it should be. But will not start now when after I did the minimum the first time it ran just fine. What am I missing here? URGENT!! (Pics below are just to show off my Stihl Shop) thoughts on the shop?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you check fro spark again with the kill wires removed ?
All that cleaning has probably now exposed a freyed wire that is grounding out the kill wire or even has shorted the kill switch .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Check the muffler's spark arrester.

BTW any repair worth doing should be done right the first time. Now you got extra non billable time involved on that 4137 powerhead. Doing work halfway will always bite you in the tail feathers.

No comment on the shop as all my work is done outdoors, my shop is too full of parts and tools to work in.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the flywheel key again. Insufficient torque and it will shear again.