Buying Advice Frustration with Ferris IS700Z Owner's Manual

thomashodziewich

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased the Ferris IS700Z ZTR mower and have been very satisfied! However, the transmission belt broke and I conveniently located the supposed "original" belt from a nearby Ferris dealer. I then referred to the original owner's manual when attempting to replace the belt and soon became frustrated. Either I suddenly tuned into a moron or something else was just not right! Well apparently it was the owner's manual which had to be revised several times by FERRIS in order to provide it's customer's (who are the same OWNERS who had just spent over $7,000.00 to buy a lawn mower!!!) with the correct and accurate information necessary to operate, maintain, repair, etc., their mower. Low and behold, I was not the only customer experiencing this problem!!! So now I am forced to learn from another customer that there have been several revisions to the owner's manual which I am assuming will NOW hopefully include the correct and proper method of replacing a simply transmission belt!!! I've been extremely satisfied with FERRIS up until now hitting this "speed bump." It's been frustrating, time consuming, and disappointing and after several wasted hours of research, etc., I have to refer to another customer's link in order to hopefully download the correct owner's manual so that I can cut my FIVE acres of grass which is now very long and thick!!! JOY!!!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would contact Ferris home office by email & make them aware of your inconvenient situation, customer service or higher up the chain. You are right in using Ferris OEM part, belt.

cruzenmike

Threads
I recently purchased the Ferris IS700Z ZTR mower and have been very satisfied! However, the transmission belt broke and I conveniently located the supposed "original" belt from a nearby Ferris dealer. I then referred to the original owner's manual when attempting to replace the belt and soon became frustrated. Either I suddenly tuned into a moron or something else was just not right! Well apparently it was the owner's manual which had to be revised several times by FERRIS in order to provide it's customer's (who are the same OWNERS who had just spent over $7,000.00 to buy a lawn mower!!!) with the correct and accurate information necessary to operate, maintain, repair, etc., their mower. Low and behold, I was not the only customer experiencing this problem!!! So now I am forced to learn from another customer that there have been several revisions to the owner's manual which I am assuming will NOW hopefully include the correct and proper method of replacing a simply transmission belt!!! I've been extremely satisfied with FERRIS up until now hitting this "speed bump." It's been frustrating, time consuming, and disappointing and after several wasted hours of research, etc., I have to refer to another customer's link in order to hopefully download the correct owner's manual so that I can cut my FIVE acres of grass which is now very long and thick!!! JOY!!!

Are you saying that Ferris "revised" the way to install a belt on the mower five times? It is more likely that they revised a few other minor details in the manual to ensure that they are not misinforming of simple specs or because their legal department has to protect them from litigation should they omit safety information.

It is good to hear that you are happy with the machine but being frustrated with Ferris over your lack of technical know-how is not fair to them. The good thing is that you learned something in the process and you can get back to cutting. By the way, if it's that new the dealer you purchased from should have been your first call for either an in-warranty repair or for them to at least guide you on what to do. Best of luck with your mower and hopefully no more bumps down the road.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Are you saying that Ferris "revised" the way to install a belt on the mower five times? It is more likely that they revised a few other minor details in the manual to ensure that they are not misinforming of simple specs or because their legal department has to protect them from litigation should they omit safety information.

It is good to hear that you are happy with the machine but being frustrated with Ferris over your lack of technical know-how is not fair to them. The good thing is that you learned something in the process and you can get back to cutting. By the way, if it's that new the dealer you purchased from should have been your first call for either an in-warranty repair or for them to at least guide you on what to do. Best of luck with your mower and hopefully no more bumps down the road.

Well said cruzenmike.