Front flex forks are bending

Jimkiffer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can be only person with this issue. Front wheels tiling in, pigeon toe fashion. Has been happening slowly over past seven years, has just over 500 hours on it. Xcaliber diesel 66 inch Cat engine. It’s not the the spindles, they are tight in their housing. Doesn’t seem to affect performance.

dfbroxy

Threads
Have you checked the wheel bearings?

Jimkiffer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good question. When jacked up everything thing seems tight, wheels roll smoothly, no noise, but I have not disassembled. The metal wheel frame appears to be bending slowly as if the mower is too heavy for this design.
I tried to upload and attach photos, but no luck. Will keep trying if it will help

Drillmn300

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just ordered a new fork as mine was bent so much it was way out of shape (purchased it this way) I am thinking of welding a small piece of steel from side to side in the middle and shape it outward where it still turns but gives it some stability. Has anyone else welded a piece of flatstock to theirs, at $350.00 a piece I don't want to have to keep buying these.

Hugeroost

Threads
Hey, may be too late but, you can just buy a set of forks from an original Chopper and put on there, end of problem, their 75ea. The reason i say this is because I have an 05 Flatlander, the serious one, and i needed new front tires finally. I decided to just buy a complete set of wheels and tires already mounted with bearings and all, just bolt right on and go. I bought from the dealer, when they came in they would not fit inside the forks, i was pissed because they had came out and wrote all the info down off my mower and they still didnt fit. I called the dude and he said yea we have had some problems with that, i said well WTF, and he said well some of the guys just spread the forks out till the wheel will slide in, couldnt believe my ears. I said man do you know how thick this steel is, how the hell am i gonna spread them out, he said a crowbar, i said have you lost your F'n mind. So he then says well you can buy a new set of the springer forks and they will fit for like 150ea, so i told him i was on my way to get my money back. Come to find out Rotary has the EXACT wheels and tires DC uses on their front ends, already mounted complete with bearinds, bushings, just like i wanted in the first place, at half the damm cost, just pull the bolt out, slide one off and the new one in and stick bolt back in, took 5 minutes. I wouldnt have that POS springer front end, their not that rough i mow 40 acres a month w mine and have been for years. Their is not hardly a part on mine that is prepriatary to dixie chopper except the back tires, every part on it can be gotten elsewhere for half what DC wants