Front End Alignment Help Needed

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Hello. Working on a LTH18538. The front tires are toed way out. I bought two new drag links as the old ones seemed to be worn, excessive play on ends. But that didnt help at all.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20190430_182307.jpg
    20190430_182307.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 8

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I wish they would go back to the single drag link with the adjustable tie rod between the wheels. The problem with the two drag link toe out can be caused by bent wheel spindles, bent drag links, bent axle, axle tipping in the pivots on the frame, bent or twisted frame, slack or wear in the bushing holding the sector gear to the frame. Or the issue can be caused by a mixture of everything above.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I wish they would go back to the single drag link with the adjustable tie rod between the wheels. The problem with the two drag link toe out can be caused by bent wheel spindles, bent drag links, bent axle, axle tipping in the pivots on the frame, bent or twisted frame, slack or wear in the bushing holding the sector gear to the frame. Or the issue can be caused by a mixture of everything above.

Got a customer who was sick of this happening to his mower so he cut 1/2" out of the middle of the drag links, threaded the ends left & right hand threads then used a turnbuckle center piece to adjust the drag links.
Says it is a bit coarse but was easier & cheaper than putting ends on both of the shafts.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Got the spindles in. All lined up now.

levlarry

Threads
I am hoping you can help me. I just bought a used 2013 Husqvarna YTH26V54. The man I bought it from said it needed a wheel alignment. When driving it around I noticed that the right wheel barely touched the ground and seemed to actually not touch the ground sometimes turning right. Both tires are just about worn out from the toe out. I bought the machine, Changed the link rods and spindles but not the bushings. Some bushings worn out. Ordered the bushings. Anyway, after changing the spindles and link rods, the toe out seems to be about the same. Is there something that would keep the front tires from making good contact with the ground and cause the toe out? Any ideas of how much trouble I bought? Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The pivot point in the center of the axle will wear causing it to tilt and through off the toe in/out. Also in some cases over time the frame will flex also lending it hand into the mix.

levlarry

Threads
The pivot point in the center of the axle will wear causing it to tilt and through off the toe in/out. Also in some cases over time the frame will flex also lending it hand into the mix.
Is there a fix?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the answer is maybe, but will not be simple. I have to bend frames, remove front axles, and weld up worn areas, and then machine back down to take out the slack. Also the sector gear and gear bushings can also lead to part of the issues. Keep in mind that this is not just one component that is causing it, it will be a combination of several things all at once.

levlarry

Threads
the answer is maybe, but will not be simple. I have to bend frames, remove front axles, and weld up worn areas, and then machine back down to take out the slack. Also the sector gear and gear bushings can also lead to part of the issues. Keep in mind that this is not just one component that is causing it, it will be a combination of several things all at once.
Figures. So should I just junk it?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You maybe able to tweak somethings and get it fairly close, but will probable never be perfect and will revert back to some degree of toe out after some time.