Following through.....

ermel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Many people here ask for a solution to their repair problem, they are given one or two answers, then they disappear.
We don't know if the solutions given worked or not.
That is rude and selfish.
The forum is to share as much knowledge about problems and solutions as possible.
Please have some consideration for others and follow through with the outcome to your particular problem.
It helps all of us! The forum is about we, not I.

CraigH

Threads
It would also mean there wouldn't be multiple threads covering the same issues regularly.
As you say, it just seems rather rude to get the advice and help for free then disappear and not even try to put anything back into the forum.
I always wonder how they'd feel if they were the ones giving advice out that could save someone a fortune and then not getting a response or even a thank you for the help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Exactly to the point. Even us old timers learn from the posted solutions as we do come across problems rarely seen at times too. It is just we need the equipment info to even start to help. Just because the OP has the equipment in front them doesn't mean we sitting beside them at the same time.

Personally I work on a lot different equipment and there is no way to know what I got; unless, I get the equipment info for what I working on. Modded equipment is one my pet peeves here as no took the time to record the changes then I have spend a lot extra time researching things and it is not easy at times.

ermel

Forum Newbie
Threads
They should be required to respond to solutions, or stopped from asking anymore questions if they don't!