fix or scrap?

metz12

Threads
so i got this mower for free. i tried to start it but the return spring for the starter rope broke. also the deck isnt in great shape but its not bad. also the self propell doesnt seem to work. just thought i would ask and get some other opinions if i should just scrap the thing or fix it to sell it.

Attachments

• new toys 005.jpg
    new toys 005.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 23
  • new toys 006.jpg
    new toys 006.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 17
  • new toys 003.jpg
    new toys 003.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 16
  • new toys 004.jpg
    new toys 004.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 8

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
so i got this mower for free. i tried to start it but the return spring for the starter rope broke. also the deck isnt in great shape but its not bad. also the self propell doesnt seem to work. just thought i would ask and get some other opinions if i should just scrap the thing or fix it to sell it.

I would not spend more than 5 minutes on that thing

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

So how do you know if the self propell works if you have not got it to start?
The deck has some rust but some paint will fix that.

Fix the pull start and fire it up
Worst case is you keep the engine for a back up. Man never scrap a good engine that was for free.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

metz12

Threads
the engine doesnt seem bad. i think someone else could use it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Spend $25 and sell it for $75

I enjoy fixing mowers and selling them. Even give a few away.
I have sold mowers and gave them a parts list because it is built out of whatever I wanted to put on it.
Last week I sold a craftsman with a snapper deck on it

metz12

Threads
Spend $25 and sell it for $75

I enjoy fixing mowers and selling them. Even give a few away.
I have sold mowers and gave them a parts list because it is built out of whatever I wanted to put on it.
Last week I sold a craftsman with a snapper deck on it

I havent really dealt with the self propelled mowers. but the wheels dont turn when you try to push it. and thanks for the advice.

metz12

Threads
so i got the thing running but its hard to turn the blade. even with the plug is out. what could that be? what could be the issue there? and the front drive works but not well enough to pull the mower.