FH601V-BS06 Carburetor

tmaslar

Forum Newbie
Threads
The latest P/N for the replacement carburetor on the FH601V-BS06 engine is 15003-7020. It is no longer available. Are any of the other currently available carburetors compatible with the FH601V-BS06 engine? Possibly with modification? Any other possible solution?

txmowman

Threads
The latest P/N for the replacement carburetor on the FH601V-BS06 engine is 15003-7020. It is no longer available. Are any of the other currently available carburetors compatible with the FH601V-BS06 engine? Possibly with modification? Any other possible solution?
You would need to find a similar type that is still available. Then go through the parts list to see what the actual difference is, i.e., jetting may be the the only difference. This is easily switchable.

txmowman

Threads
Other options would be to look for an FH641V, 680V or 721V with the same externally vented carburetor. Lastly, switch to a newer internally vented carb. This would require also replacing the wire harness for the fuel solenoid. (Easy)

tmaslar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank You txmowman!

Do you have a suggestion of which part number specifically would be a good candidate? For example these Chinese knockoffs are all over the place.

They look to be the same. Maybe only require a jet change to make them compatible?

txmowman

Threads
Sorry, I don't have a suggestion off the top of my head. But since this is obviously and older mower and if your pay check doesn't depend on this mower, you could try a China carb. They are less money and typically perform accordingly. Good luck.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What's wrong with your OEM carb? I would boil clean it and try it out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remember it is a carburettor
and any carburettor can be replaced with any other carburettor
Because mower carburettors do not have a wide range of jets available best to get one for an engine of roughly the same capacity .
After that it is simply a mater of bending wires to hook them up followed by adjusting the governed speeds

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Even if the choke or throttle shaft thru holes are severely egg shaped the carburetor can still be repair especially considering the OEM carburetors are over $400 retail. The last JD Kawasaki mounted FX850V-BS13 carburetor I did would have cost the customer over $600 which I instead installed a bushing and saved the customer over $450 when the choke shaft wore through taking out the thru hole.

tmaslar

Forum Newbie
Threads
The main thing is that the carb continues to leak fuel when stopped. I did replace the float and float valve last season. It did not fix the problem. I suspect the fuel shutoff solenoid may be defective or possibly a dirty solenoid seat? This season I have begun to get a wondering idle.

txmowman

Threads
Even if the choke or throttle shaft thru holes are severely egg shaped the carburetor can still be repair especially considering the OEM carburetors are over $400 retail. The last JD Kawasaki mounted FX850V-BS13 carburetor I did would have cost the customer over $600 which I instead installed a bushing and saved the customer over $450 when the choke shaft wore through taking out the

The main thing is that the carb continues to leak fuel when stopped. I did replace the float and float valve last season. It did not fix the problem. I suspect the fuel shutoff solenoid may be defective or possibly a dirty solenoid seat? This season I have begun to get a wondering idle.
The solenoid would have no effect. All the solenoid does is prevent fuel from being drawn through the emulsion tube which helps to prevent afterfire when the engine is stopped. When replacing a float valve, it is best to clean the seat with a cotton swab and very mild abrasive, such as toothpaste.