FG110 not starting

Rekusu

Forum Newbie
Threads
What ho one and all,

I have a Honda FG110 rotavator / tiller that I also use for scarifying the lawn with a GX25 engine. Last year, it was 'challenging' to start but it did. This year, it will not start. Bought a carb repair kit and replaced the gaskets, diaphragms, jet, filter, etc and it finally started so I scarified the lawn. Had a break for a cuppa and it would not start again. Bought a replacement carb with spark plug and ignition coil and earth wire, and still nothing.

Tried again today and to my surprise, it did fire up, was running much too fast and after around 1 minute, stalled and will not start again. I have checked the exhaust for blockage but all clear. I have replaced the in-tank filter; checked that the fuel tank screw-top is allowing air through. Checked that the valves are doing what they should and that the timing belt is OK; checked for a spark with both the old and new plugs and all OK. Everything checks out. There is only one thing I have not checked but that does entail stripping the engine; could the timing belt have slipped?

I feel that is unlikely, as today, it did start but after 1 minute, stalled, and will not start again. It is sometimes trying to but generally nothing.

Am reluctant to take it to the local dealer as they were previously extremely rude and ridiculously expensive; it is only a simple, small, four stroke engine; it is not rocket science

Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks and toodle pip

Born2Mow

Threads
How old is the fuel in the tank, lines & carb ? If it's over 8 weeks, then dump it all into your car and get new fuel.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Running too fast = failed governor ( spring broken or missing , governor broken )