Ferris IS600z 44" - Where are the wires for lights?

wbkramit

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've read on the Ferris website that my 2014 IS600z is pre-wired for lights. The dealer also told me it was pre-wired. He was less than helpful in providing detailed information about the wiring. I assume he wanted to install the lights himself, for money. Anyway, can somewhere provide a picture or detailed description of where i find the wire ends for my supposedly pre-wired mower?

Pumper54

Threads
Is there a light switch on the dash of the mower? If so trace the wires from there. I went to the Farris website but it requires more information then you have given to get anything from them: Model number ect. Couple of instruction sheets for other models then the IS600z found by using google. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Tom

wbkramit

Forum Newbie
Threads
No switch, just has the spot for one. No open wires underneath the switch area either. I've poked and proded all over the mower, opening up wire sleeves and feeling for open ends. Can't find anything that looks like it might be an open connection for connecting lights. I've tried to look at wiring schematics online but nothing seems to include lights.

wbkramit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found this shop there in Oklahoma City, not sure where you are but you might contact them about the wiring harness location.

http://oconnorslawnequipment.com/product/snapper-pro-zero-turn-light-kit-for-s125xt-5600647/

Tom

Yeah that's my shop. Good guys, they just really want to sell you a new mower or sell you the light kit and the install job. Not as interested in helping you figure out how to DIY a light kit of your own choosing. I had emailed Ferris and they emailed me back the light kit instructions. It appears the harness taps into the inline fuse and then you just ground it out. I would consider this about half pre-wired. Still have to do some sort of connecting between the ignition, the switch, the inline fuse and also ground it all out. "Pre-wired" sure sounded like I'd have some open male or female connections that I could just plug into. Wishful thinking I guess. I did find one decent youtube video of a guy that did his own lights and harness. Which I can certainly do, but was sure hoping to just buy lights and a switch and be off to the races with everything pre-wired. Oh well. Still interested to see if anyone else has any good information.

Pumper54

Threads
When I was at wally world today I saw a set of automotive driving lights that were being sold as a "set" had two LED lights, wiring harness, fuse holder and a lighted switch. Pretty much all you need to wire in the lights. I think you could tap into any "hot when engine running" wire for the power, run it through a switch for light control and then ground the system to the mower's body or frame. Should not be too hard to hook up the lights.
Tom