Ferris Color Match

ncridgerunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
After buying a Ferris IS700z this week I fabricated attachment points for the front and back of the mower so that it would be quicker to tether for transport. I wanted to paint the new attachment points to match my mower but found the Ferris paint is $36 per rattle can which I believe is a waste of money. After several unsuccessful hours searching the web for anyone who had discovered a good paint match with an on-the-shelf cheaper alternative it became necessary to look for myself. After checking the stock at Wal-mart and Lowe's I found a very close match with Rustoleum. The Rustoleum color is Regal Red and I could only find this color at the Lowe's store in my area.

I cannot claim to be a color expert but the color appears to be an extremely close if not a perfect match to me. For full disclosure, some blues and greens give me trouble in identifying but red has not been a problem.

In any event $4.00 sure beats $36. Hope this works to save some $ for others.

joe_cooler

Threads
Regal Red by Rust-oleum is a near perfect match! I use it on my IS4000Z.Small Regal.jpg

Last edited:

joe_cooler

Threads
Deck and repairs complete. Operates like new!! Rust-oelum Regal Red Professional used to repaint deck....

Finished Small.jpg

4motionshop

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks great, perfect color match. I just picked up some Regal Red from Lowes to do some touch up on my deck. Thanks for the tip !!messages_0.jpeg

Last edited:

Putterer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rustoleum Regal Red is a shade off my brand new 2021 Ferris. I know because I bought a can to repair a gouge on the deck down to the bare metal. I went to the dealer hoping to find a can of Ferris red, which is available nowhere right now. He smiled and just gave me a can of Krylon Farm & Implement Massey Ferguson Red, which is what he uses. Very, very close to perfect.