Facebook accounts?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure if this is allowed. Just wanted to reach out and see who else advertises through facebook? Maybe some would have some questions about getting their page sorted, since FB doesn't have any customer support.

Here's mine.

NorthBama

Threads
nice FB page how is business going

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
nice FB page how is business going

Up until this week, it's been dead. But this week, so far so good. Took in two riders a push mower and was contacted by a commercial mower who's going to bring me some stuff friday.
Hope the tiller I have for sale, sells this week.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never fails..... i am busy this week with my other business and i got 2 riders, 4 push mowers a chainsaw and a fertilizer pump in. Was slow for 2 weeks then boom. Had a veterinary clinic call today wanting me to quote them a price for setting up a security system, surveillance camera system and office network and wifi.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it goes well with the commercial customer find out exactly what gear he has.
Then download the maintenance / owners manual for all of them so you know what service parts are generally needed.
Order them so when he rings up and says "can you do blades & bearings on my Hustler now ?"
You can say "yes bring it in now I got all your parts on the shelf ".

This makes him feel important because you went to the effort of having his parts on hand.
And second it means he can drop off on his way home & pick up next morning so not to loose any working hours.

Doing overnight servicing for my commercials is the back bone of my business.
Now it is down to a fine art when I ring them & tell them serviceing is due and most times they drop off in the afternoon & pick up in the morning no arguements.
It does not interfear with their work day and just adds a hour or two to yours.
Some of these people have franchise arangements that get them 20% discounts at particular dealers but they come to me because they get drop everything servicing & repairs so they don't have a full crew picking their noses cause the front spindle bearing has gone. or even worse the drive belt on their main ZTR just snapped on a 100 deg + day

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can see how commercial customers get priority. They'll be your best customers all year long.

One thing I was thinking about yesterday, was paying this guy to do my pick ups & deliveries. Since he's out and about regularly. Obviously it wouldn't be a "pick up now" sort of agreement. Just when he's in the area and convenient. Give him $20, charge the customer $25.
Being that we haven't actually met yet, the thought of him trying to talk the customer into his lawn service crossed my mind.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never fails..... i am busy this week with my other business and i got 2 riders, 4 push mowers a chainsaw and a fertilizer pump in. Was slow for 2 weeks then boom. Had a veterinary clinic call today wanting me to quote them a price for setting up a security system, surveillance camera system and office network and wifi.

It needs to stop raining. I don't have an awning on the side of the shop yet. And it's friggin cold. I got almost all the inside work done (until parts come in)

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My shop is a 24 x 24 pole barn building. I studded out the walls, insulated and sheathed with 1/4" ply. Best thing i ever did. Installed a heater and a big fan. I can work year round i relative comfort. We need a "show me your shop" thread.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My FB account really helps to bring in the customers. Especially with the swap shops around here. Selling my used equipment get's a lot of views and brings in customers who have equipment that needs to be worked on.
The other day I sold a good chainsaw to someone one facebook. When they messaged me, he asked if I also worked on them. So when he showed up, he bought the chainsaw and brought another one for me to fix while he was here.