EZT 2200 input shaft stuck?

macjr8586

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All!

I have a Toro Z5020 that has the EZT 2200 hydros. The left is weak, so I did a fluid change and it did not help anything. I have looked searched through this forum and others and was confident I could tear it down and repair it myself because of all of the useful information on here, so thank you for that! From what I understand the input shaft should come out easily after removing the seal and the clip. I have done both but I cannot get this thing to budge. Has anyone else run across this? I have tried PB blaster to loosen things up, put the pully back on the shaft, put a piece of wood against the pully and tried tapping out with a hammer with no luck. I feel like it maybe something easy I am missing? Any help is appreciated in advanced! Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you taken the center section loose because that can cause binding. Most of the shafts that I have removed just about fell out when the clip and seal was removed. The fact that the shaft isn't coming out may be a clue to where the problem with your tranny may be.

macjr8586

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you taken the center section loose because that can cause binding. Most of the shafts that I have removed just about fell out when the clip and seal was removed. The fact that the shaft isn't coming out may be a clue to where the problem with your tranny may be.
Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I have the three bolts of the center section removed. I have stripped all of the external components as well as removed the gears and bypass valve. Seems like it may have jumped a spline or is sort of welded in there to the motor and would likely be my problem?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What I am saying is the center section upbolted can cause a side load on the shaft preventing it from coming out. May have to put the center section bolts back in the get the input shaft out.

macjr8586

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow, that was too easy! Thank you for the tip! The whole purpose I am tearing this is the fact that the left side does not move at all when on the ground, or if the tire is on in the air, the only way it will move is if I remove the tire. Now that I have it apart the center section and motors don’t look as beat up as some of the others I have seen poking around for a fix for this. Do these look like they warrant replacement?

92863A87-C29D-4FA0-849A-23E4C8602EEB.jpeg8289569D-F6AA-4CB6-8A10-D55A1A128DB6.jpegEF0FD879-4B63-4479-AFF5-94843ACE110B.jpegE7262807-DC2E-4726-AA67-963F62211009.jpeg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
From the picture I am going to guess yes. If you can run your fingernail across the surfaces and your nail catches in the grooves they need replaced.

fixit1ddh

Threads
Try this if Ya don't have the $$$ right now. Can get a few more hour's out of it.