Exmark Turf Tracer wiring diagram/switch doesn't turn off motor

cbs123

Threads
  • / Exmark Turf Tracer wiring diagram/switch doesn't turn off motor
Hello everyone,

I have an Exmark Turf Tracer TTX691KAE (312603620) in the shop that was having some wiring problems. The connector going to the motor was dry rotted, and being this guy is a full blown commercial customer, we decided to replace the wiring harness. It has seen lots of use and thought a new harness would be the best option. I used the full serial and model number when ordering, but the new harness has less wires running to the switch. Everything works as it should, almost. I noticed the PTO is always hot, even with the ignition switch turned "off". So you can engage the clutch with the key off. Also, the ignition switch will not cut the motor off. The safety switches will, however. Like if you try to drive it forward without holding the operator presence handles, or if you let off the handles while driving it.

The start and kill are both operated by relays. Trying to get a wiring diagram for this mower to see what I need to do to get it working properly. Maybe a long shot, but I need HELP!!

Thanks,

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wiring harness I’m coming up with should be part number 116-8374, but when I go to another site to get the wiring diagram it looks totally different. Check this manual and see if it looks like your unit.

cbs123

Threads
Wiring harness I’m coming up with should be part number 116-8374, but when I go to another site to get the wiring diagram it looks totally different. Check this manual and see if it looks like your unit.

Yes, that's the part # i came up with as well, and the one I ordered. Funny thing, we've done one of these same units before and had the same problem. But the guy who finally figured it out is no longer here. He added a wire to it I believe. Wiring is not my forte. Especially with these mowers with the relays. I just can't wrap my head around it. The harness is ALMOST the same, but there's a couple wires that are different. Or missing.

Thanks for the help, I'll study that wiring diagram and see if I can come up with something. I think I just found out the easiest solution. I called the guy with the mowers and told him what was happening and asked to look at the other mower we did, to see what was done to the other mower to make it work