Exmark Quest wheels locked up

scoko

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a couple of issues with my Exmark Quest series 50 mower 708CC motor that I could use some advice on.
1) Dead battery (replace with new easy enough)
2) Engine turns over when jumped and the engine fires but instantly dies (carb/fuel delivery issue??)
3) Wheels locked up- I was not home and my son decides to mow the lawn. He jump starts the mower. Takes it out and mows half the lawn and the engine just stopped (carb/fuel issue). My son and his friend got the bright idea to hook a chain onto it with the ATV and tow it back to the house. They did not disengage the hydro static transmission and they ended up dragging it about 100 feet up a gravel driveway before they realized that the rear wheels were not rolling. They may have also had the handles in the park position when they were doing this.

The battery replacement is simple enough but the other two issues with the carb and transmission are what i need advice on. How do I determine what kind of potential damage is done to the transmission? How do i trouble shoot the carb/fuel delivery issue?

Born2Mow

Threads
Check out this reply. Looks to be very similar....

Retired firemed

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a couple of issues with my Exmark Quest series 50 mower 708CC motor that I could use some advice on.
1) Dead battery (replace with new easy enough)
2) Engine turns over when jumped and the engine fires but instantly dies (carb/fuel delivery issue??)
3) Wheels locked up- I was not home and my son decides to mow the lawn. He jump starts the mower. Takes it out and mows half the lawn and the engine just stopped (carb/fuel issue). My son and his friend got the bright idea to hook a chain onto it with the ATV and tow it back to the house. They did not disengage the hydro static transmission and they ended up dragging it about 100 feet up a gravel driveway before they realized that the rear wheels were not rolling. They may have also had the handles in the park position when they were doing this.

The battery replacement is simple enough but the other two issues with the carb and transmission are what i need advice on. How do I determine what kind of potential damage is done to the transmission? How do i trouble shoot the carb/fuel delivery issue?
You solved battery problem. Fuel problem is gonna be the rollover sensor on bottom of f the carb. As far as transmission. I'm having same problem. Was looking to see if anyone had any any answers.