Mower deck Exmark Quest 50" Deck raising and leveling

raiderdane

Forum Newbie
Threads
I Have an Exmark Quest S Series 50" Fabricated deck (2013 I think) that I was told that the one side where the chute is, it is a fixed height that cannot be adjusted, the other side is where you adjust it. You loosen the 2 bolts a little and then stick a socket extension in the hole and turn, it lowers or raises the deck to level it in the rear........I want to know why can't I raise the other side? Why would they make it that way? What if I wanted to raise the whole deck another inch? I have to go with what they have fixed?? seems ridiculous if this is true. I know how to raise the front by the way. It is just weird that I cannot raise it anymore than what they have it at. Anybody know anything about this? Any feedback would be helpful. Thank You.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
What does your manual have to say about leveling deck.?

raiderdane

Forum Newbie
Threads
The manual shows a different picture of the deck bracket hanger, I was told that Exmark put these left ones on as an upgrade or something....very confusing. I can adjust the left one only, but I still need the whole deck to go up some, just don't know how to.

raiderdane

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know how to raise it up while mowing, what I am saying is that the whole deck needs adjusted....it sits too low. When I have it all the way up, it is not enough, it seems like it needs raised up some. Somehow it got out of whack and now it needs to be adjusted.

Lawn7 golf

Forum Newbie
Threads
It does still need to be raised some! Mine 42 is doing the same thing! The right side cannot be leveled. The right side still needs to be raised. The left side is the only adjustable side. Even if you get it leveled on the left side. The right side still needs an adjustment. A faulty design by Exmark. I am taking mine into the dealer in the morning. Let’s see if they can give a better answer. I will give you their answer when my machine is returned. Note I am pretty good at self servicing my machine. However I believe it’s just a poor design. This machine when I bought it at had excellent cut quality.That is not the case now. It still runs well. But the cut quality is trash.

Lawn7 golf

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know how to raise it up while mowing, what I am saying is that the whole deck needs adjusted....it sits too low. When I have it all the way up, it is not enough, it seems like it needs raised up some. Somehow it got out of whack and now it needs to be adjusted.
Same here! Any updates to your machine!

Lawn7 golf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Zero-Turn Mowers - Quest S-Series | Exmark scroll down page to specifications click then scroll down to deck lift, lever lift with foot assist around obstacles.
Has nothing to do with the deck lift system! Those frames are heavy duty. They will not bend. The problem is the leveling system only levels the left side of the deck. The right side is that a set standard height. This means that something is bent. The left side
The manual shows a different picture of the deck bracket hanger, I was told that Exmark put these left ones on as an upgrade or something....very confusing. I can adjust the left one only, but I still need the whole deck to go up some, just don't know how to.

Lawn7 golf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes we are all looking for a way to raise the right side. It is very confusing. I have tried every type of way to lift the right side. No success yet. However I am taking them more into a local dealer. My biggest fear is the deck is bent. However I do not see how. These decks are made of 10 gauge steel. Which is very heavy. Very hard to bend these decks. My thoughts are the lumbar bars support are bent someway. More to follow!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes we are all looking for a way to raise the right side. It is very confusing. I have tried every type of way to lift the right side. No success yet. However I am taking them more into a local dealer. My biggest fear is the deck is bent. However I do not see how. These decks are made of 10 gauge steel. Which is very heavy. Very hard to bend these decks. My thoughts are the lumbar bars support are bent someway. More to follow!
Good luck! I had a Toro Timecutter. Basically, they are the same. I could never get the deck to level. That system has to be the lamest that I’ve ever seen. I highly doubt that the deck is bent.