Exmark Pioneer 52 -e series Odd Clutch Issue

cfbeers2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Pioneer E series 52 in w/ Kawasaki 24 hp motor is experiencing power loss at exactly the same time . After 30+ min of mowing the you can't hear the blades drop down in speed and start to lose more power or stall as resistance in applied at faster speed, even in neutral it holds at steady , but slower blade speed. The motor is great shape and has been checked out by local service provider, When the pto does this and I have disengaged it ,I still have full power up hill and and towing a trailer. If I let the tractor sit for several hours it works fine again. I assume it has to be heat related issue in the clutch unit , There is no clutch adjustment on this model. I only have 290 hours on the tractor. Any insight or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated, Im assuming I will but have to replace the clutch

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The clutch may have an adjustable air gap. consult your service / owners manual.
or
The battery could be running down because the alternator is not keeping up with the clutch
Start the mower , engage the blades then get some one to measure battery voltage
Should always be 13 V or better