Excessive crankcase pressure on 19.5 briggs oppy?

the_scrapsman

Threads
Hello, I got a new issue where I thought air was blowing up my intake which it still kinda does it just weak. OK back to topic. I mistook the air for coming up the intake when it's actually the breather. The engine runs like garbage, uses oil, but both cylinder exhaust pipes are equally warm but does not consistently fire. When shutting off the engine, you can hear the breather blow out very hard winds and can still hear it standing 10 feet away. I'm pointing towards the rings but I'm not sure.
Thanks, -ray

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things normally cause this condition. Either a blown head gasket or oil level too high, due to fuel flowing into the crankcase. If the oil level is correct run the engine with the dipstick loose on the dipstick tune. If the dipstick bounces around your head gasket is blown.

the_scrapsman

Threads
Two things normally cause this condition. Either a blown head gasket or oil level too high, due to fuel flowing into the crankcase. If the oil level is correct run the engine with the dipstick loose on the dipstick tune. If the dipstick bounces around your head gasket is blown.
Ok. Oil level is halfway below full and itnquits using oil at that point. There's gas in the crankcase

the_scrapsman

Threads
Also before this it only said that happens to OHV while this is a flathead motor but I'm not positive on that

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have gas in your oil, it is probably coming from the carb. The float needle in your carb is not closing properly. This is resulting in fuel flowing nonstop from the tank, through the carb, into the cylinder causing hydro locking. Remedy, you will need to remove the carb and replace the float needle and possibly the seat, depending on which brand of carb you have. Oil will also need to be changed, as it is probably contaminated by fuel flowing past the rings. Some fools will say to just install a shut off valve in the fuel line and make sure you turn off the fuel after each use. If you forget, you will be back to the original problem. I always recommend fixing the problem right the first time, but make sure you read my signature.

the_scrapsman

Threads
If you have gas in your oil, it is probably coming from the carb. The float needle in your carb is not closing properly. This is resulting in fuel flowing nonstop from the tank, through the carb, into the cylinder causing hydro locking. Remedy, you will need to remove the carb and replace the float needle and possibly the seat, depending on which brand of carb you have. Oil will also need to be changed, as it is probably contaminated by fuel flowing past the rings. Some fools will say to just install a shut off valve in the fuel line and make sure you turn off the fuel after each use. If you forget, you will be back to the original problem. I always recommend fixing the problem right the first time, but make sure you read my signature.
I've used two different carbs the one I got on now is new. It also smokes if it refill the oil thenburns it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We’re they OEM carbs or aftermarket? If aftermarket it wouldn’t surprise me that both are bad. This is especially true if you are getting gas in the oil. It they were OEM, you’ll have to pull the head for further diagnoses.

the_scrapsman

Threads
We’re they OEM carbs or aftermarket? If aftermarket it wouldn’t surprise me that both are bad. This is especially true if you are getting gas in the oil. It they were OEM, you’ll have to pull the head for further diagnoses.
Ones genuine the other aftermarket. I combined parts from each to make one good carb I think it's something more critical

the_scrapsman

Threads
As I said, if there’s gas in the oil, probably a carb problem.
Maybe...but she's using oil pretty badly and smoking and it sgrugg,struggles, to Rev up from idle and it'll try to ztall when quickly putting it at idle