Engine quits after running 10 minutes

woodchuck55

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2015 Huskee mower with the Powermore 420cc engine. Engine runs for 10 minutes and dies slowly. I was thinking a bad coil so I replaced it with a new one, no help. I let it sit for 15-20 cool down and it does the same thing, runs for 10 mins and dies. Any help in here??

catbob

Threads
Check your gas cap, needs to vent to let air back in tank, could be causing a vaccum. Also make sure your gas supply to your carb is flowing good, plugged fuel filter or bad lines could restrict.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Air, fuel, compression and spark. Check em' out.

My guess was ignition coil that you replaced, fuel lines or clamps failing, no fuel flow at carb inlet, block cooling fins slathered over with bugs, dirt, oil and mice over heating the block. The new fix all fuel cap loosening trick as catbob said. Might be a vacuum leak?

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That failure mode is typical of floating debris getting pulled down into the fuel outlet in the fuel tank.
Simple test is to get a can of carb cleaner and the instant the engine stops give the carb a SHORT shot and crank the engine.
If it fires right up then you have confirmed a fuel supply problem .
I use an old push mower tank and plumb it directly into the carb when the mower stops
Runs fine = fuel supply problem
Move it back down the line and keep checking
If you get to the last thing before the tank, that just leaves the tank or the fuel line from it.

Loosening the fuel cap is the first test as vacuum locks are common with the new tank venting systems