Engine Mount bolt broken off

Suzie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troybilt colt rtz mower Kohler courage 19 engine, my mounting bolts keep coming loose, I tried cleaning all the holes out so the blue lock tight would work, but one of them was loose as I was trying to remove it the bolt broke off up in the hole. How should I go about getting it out.? I have sprayed brake cleaner and wd 40 I can't apply heat I'm afraid it will caught fire. I purchased an extractor drill bit but afraid to use it I don't want to damage the thread which are probably already damaged from the motor vibrating while mowing.. Can someone please advise me how to get them out and what to do to get them to stay in.. Oil is in the holes. It also looks to me like the engine has shifted ? I also have oil leaking out when it sits it looks like it is coming from above the pto clutch. Would that be the oil seal bad.. Does it have 2 ? When I crank the mower before the bolt broke some oil was splashed on the mounting surface and was smoking?mowe.jpg

Attachments

• mower.jpg
    mower.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1
  • mower2.jpg
    mower2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
  • mower3.jpg
    mower3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the engine right out
Polish the PTO shaft & change the seal
Check carefully for leaks around the sump gasket
The engine bolts should be the slightly triangular vibration proof self tappers
If they are coming loose the replace them with standard nuts & bolts
Put a spring washer each end and cost them with copper anti sieze befor fitting

To remove the braken bolts
1) using a Dremel type tool and a flat ended end mill piece flatten out the broken section
2) use a lathe center drill to drill the start hole
3) wire brush the free end of the bolt if it is still protruding throuhg the mouning flange
4) with a Left hand drill & your drill set to hammer mode attempt the drill the bolt out
About 1 in 5 times the left hand drill will spin the broken bolt out

Suzie

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you