Engine Knock

PShooter54

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere D-155 with less then 900 hours. It developed a knocking noise after i foolishly tried to drive if up a hill behind our home. The knocking disappears when the left peddle is pressed. Anyone have any ideas ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably a chunk broken out of the drive belt
Pull the deck off get underneath , set the brake and run the full length of the belt through your fingers
While you are there check the little plastic pulleys, they should spin free & quietly
With a strong torch or screwdriver check the rear pulley for something stuck in the bottom of the V and the same for the front but it will be hard to see as it is right up high & obscured by the blade pulley

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Please note the "strong torch" refers to what we call a flashlight here in the USA as I just don't check things with my torch as it would destroy things as it is an ACE/OX one. And an open flame is dangerous around gasoline.

I wish the other side would change from torch but that is left over from when they did use torches to light the way or burn down their enemies homes. It just like they refer to the what we call a trunk they call it a boot. To me a boot is something I put my foot in every day before going to work. I have to wear them instead of shoes as I have weak ankles.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A trunk is what an elephant has or a pair of long John undies cut 1/2 way down the thigh
A boot is a boot because it used to be called the "boot box" where you placed your muddy wellingtons before you got into the car so your driver did not have to clean the mud from the carpet

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And here I just thought an elephant just had big nose that he hasn't wore off in somebody else's business. :ROFLMAO:

But everybody has their on terms for things and it does take some getting use to when you deal with people from different countries and dialects.

Do you remember the mother in law seat?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is funny
We usually call American English lazy english because you shorten almost everything and dispense with most double letters in a word
Then you go & call a shroud a blower housing