Engine kills when releasing brake/clutch pedal

skyblue50

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I purchased a used 2007 rear engine type 23 Snapper 3 years ago and has worked flawlessly until this spring. It starts and runs but when putting it in gear and releasing the brake/clutch pedal the engine dies. I'm not sure where to begin looking for a solution. The cables appear to be in good condition. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like one of your safety switchs is the problem. If you have a reverse mow switch I would start there

Stephen Bailey

Forum Newbie
Threads
dixie chopper silver eagle 50 in cut 25 horse motor when releasing brake to off positon it kills the mower all safety swithces are working will ruin as long as the brake is on

DaveTN

Threads
dixie chopper silver eagle 50 in cut 25 horse motor when releasing brake to off positon it kills the mower all safety swithces are working will ruin as long as the brake is on

Just wondering if it will run in neutral and idling? Will it throttle up? If you release the brake and it throws a load on the engine, the rpm's should drop down some and then the governor kick it back up to operating speed. Could be it's not getting enough fuel , so enrich the mixture screws and see if that helps.

CT-Ken

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but can those who experienced this problem post the resolutions? I'm having the same problem with a 2004 LT2048.
Thanks !

TheaK

Forum Newbie
Threads

Need to know what you figured out on this issue and how you were able to fix the problem? Thanks Tk

Catrancher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having same problem and it's highly intermittent. Eliminated seat switch, replaced clutch/brake switch. Even with the mower in neutral it will sometimes start to go dead when the clutch is released. As soon as the clutch is engaged it runs great. As I said this issue is very intermittent. Are there other switches that could be causing an problem? Switches can be notorious for being intermittent. Can't really make much from the wiring diagram. It's poor to say the least.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Having same problem and it's highly intermittent. Eliminated seat switch, replaced clutch/brake switch. Even with the mower in neutral it will sometimes start to go dead when the clutch is released. As soon as the clutch is engaged it runs great. As I said this issue is very intermittent. Are there other switches that could be causing an problem? Switches can be notorious for being intermittent. Can't really make much from the wiring diagram. It's poor to say the least.
It is a well known problem with Magical Mystery Mowers particularly the model fitted with the infamous Unknown Engine with the Unspecified model number.
Fortunately in post #7 the answer to this problem was found & noted so there should never be reason for this thread to ever be reopened .