Enforcer odd noise when cranking starter

Threads
I have an Enforcer zeroturn. It's making an odd noise while cranking. I notice the drive pumps spinning while cranking and I don't see any sticks or anything impeding the fans. Doesn't make much sense to me for them to spin while cranking starter. Also, seems to not want to crank fast enough to fire up, so it seems something is amiss

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Of course the hydros pulleys are going they are directly drive via v-belt off the engine pulley.

What is you equipment numbers, include engine make, model, spec numbers.

Threads
Of course the hydros pulleys are going they are directly drive via v-belt off the engine pulley.

53AI3AGV750
1C147Z0007
Enforcer 48 Fab
03/2007
Have the tag pic on phone, but not motor info

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Lucked out the IPL has the engine info. Kawasaki FH641V-AW04.

The noise could the bushing in the starter. It is very to the Kohler starters I replace because the bad bushings causing noise and slow cranking. Let's see what other may think that could be the cause.

Threads
So to add to the knowledge bank. One of the drive handles wasn't in neutral. I didn't think to check it cuz usually it won't crank when it's engaged. But once I hooked jumper cables to it to try starting it after draining the battery yesterday trying to get it back started after my wife ran it out of gas...my truck battery had enough amps to make the mower lunge forward while cranking, like trying to start a stickshift in gear.