Electrical Problem

bartles

Threads
Working on a MTD 42" Model 13W2775S031: When I connect battery the fuse(20amp) blows. I checked the solenoid by connecting the two small terminals and
it seems like its connecting across the positive and negative battery terminals.

I not a real strong electrical troubleshooter so I would appreciate your help....

........................................................................UPDATE....................................................

I put the solenoid back on reconnected the battery and disconnected(wires were twisted and suspect) the "antibackfire" solenoid and tried to start ....got a solenoid clicking but no starter movement....and no blown fuse. I am going to R&R solenoid unless anyone has a suggestion.

Last edited:

bartles

Threads
Something shorted.
Yep the carb solenoid is suspect since, after disconnecting it, the started solenoid is now clicking.....without blowing fuses...on a strong battery.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Disconnect carb anti-backfire solenoid wires. Snip plunger off of this part. Never worry about this again. Install fuel shutoff valve inline to carb. Happy mowing from now on.

bartles

Threads
Disconnect carb anti-backfire solenoid wires. Snip plunger off of this part. Never worry about this again. Install fuel shutoff valve inline to carb. Happy mowing from now on.
Yep....thanks.