Electric Sensation Mower

tcblevins

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was given this Sensation electric lawn mower and it had been in storage for about 8 yrs in a lean to, it was covered in leaves , when I got it home I cleaned it off and plugged it it flipped the switch and it ran, I do not know how old it is nor can I find any pictures of one like it. Is there any one out there that can help me with information about this mower?

Attachments

• birthday_lawnmower 022.jpg
    birthday_lawnmower 022.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 33
  • birthday_lawnmower 030.jpg
    birthday_lawnmower 030.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I was given this Sensation electric lawn mower and it had been in storage for about 8 yrs in a lean to, it wse covered in leaves , when I got it hmoe I cleaned it off and plugged it it flipped the switch and it ran, I do not know how old it is nor can I find any pictures of one like it. Is there any one out there that can help me with information about this mower?

cool!

The center mounted swing-over handles are, IMHO, the best feature on a corded electric. As long as you have no.few obstacles in the yard, you just start near the house/outlet, mow back and forth away from the outlet - letting the cord extend on the mown grass as you go. You might literally never need to turn the mower around. Just shift it over for the next swath.

EDIT; here's the history! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensation_Lawn_Mowers

EDIT AGAIN - a users group!; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sensation_mowers/

Threads
In the 1980's, after Gilson bought out Sensation (Gilson itself was later acquired by Lawn-Boy, and not long after, Toro acquired Lawn-Boy... quite a chain of acquisitions), there was a twin-blade electric mower sold by the company that was made by Aircap Industries. It was a model 1318PSE and it was similar to the old Sunbeam (later Mastercut) 4218 and 4318 electric twin-bladers. My 1983 Sears Craftsman twin-blade electric is also similar.

~Ben

Attachments

• l_52c5517e3bfcee7123eeaf70af144c67.jpg
    l_52c5517e3bfcee7123eeaf70af144c67.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 12