Ego Select Cut - Hype or Real Deal?

MoeFaux

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been using my Ego LM2101 all season, and I love the light weight, the quiet motor, the battery life. . . pretty much everything except the cut quality. Higher grade models like the LM2133 have the "Select Cut" feature which looks like this:
Ego 2blad.png

Is there any reason to believe that this is an improvement over the single blade that I have?
Since the mounting interface looks identical between the two models, is there any reason you know of that I shouldn't just mount the dual blade system to my mower?

Last edited:

dougmacm

Threads
I've got Greenworks 40V & Kobalt 80V that are made by the same company and use the same "single blade". They offer a high lift blade and I have 2 of them and they do give a better cut at the sacrifice of shorter battery run time.

Having two blades would have to reduce run time as well, but if you have enough batteries that you can rotate in, that might not matter.

I'm the curious type and like to experiment so if I had an EGO mower and this select cut dual blade would possibly fit my mower as in your case, I'd be buying all the parts and trying it out !!

Doug

MowerMike

Threads
I've been using my Ego LM2101 all season, and I love the light weight, the quiet motor, the battery life. . . pretty much everything except the cut quality. Higher grade models like the LM2133 have the "Select Cut" feature which looks like this:
View attachment 62157

Is there any reason to believe that this is an improvement over the single blade that I have?
Since the mounting interface looks identical between the two models, is there any reason you know of that I shouldn't just mount the dual blade system to my mower?
Well, you would need to ask EGO if it would fit properly, but your EGO model mower is not listed by EGO as being compatible with the Select Cut blade sets. Just because you can mount them doesn't mean they will necessarily fit properly in the deck. The Select Cut decks might be deeper to accommodate the second blade; otherwise the bottom blade might extend beyond the deck, which could be downright dangerous.