EGO 21 inch SP mower?

Rickcin

Threads
We have a 1/2 acre of property and I cut the grass with a 42 inch Cub Cadet lawn tractor and use a string trimmer to edge and trim all of the grass areas that I cannot get to with the tractor since we also have a lot of bushes and trees.

Ive been thinking of getting the battery powered EGO from Lowe’s for $500 and use that to circle all of the many obstacles and cut where the lawn tractor cannot. It’s probably about 20 minutes, max of trimming with a walk behind mower and I’m thinking a battery powered one would be best for my use.

What say you?

MowerMike

Threads
Are you aware that the EGO mower you are looking at does not include a battery and charger, and that you need to pay another $100 to get one that includes them ? Certainly the EGO will run longer than 20 minutes on a fully charged battery, so it will work, but they are very pricey IMO. I would recommend something less expensive such as a 21" Greenworks SP mower that has a sturdy steel deck and is on sale at Home Depot:

dougmacm

Threads
I agree with Mike ... get a steel decked mower from Greenworks, Kobalt, Masterforce (Menards), Snapper, etc. instead.

They've been making plastic deck battery powered mowers for years and I'm sure they hold up pretty good but when there are steel deck versions out there for similar $$ so may as well avoid the plastic ones.

Doug

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pawn shops around here are full of these disposable mowers. You might want to price check a replacement battery and charger. Some of those are around $300 - $400+ dollars. Sure makes a gas mower that will last for several decades more attractive. You "might" get 3-4 years out of that battery.

slomo

Blackbeagle1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Over the weekend, I bought the 21" Self propelled select cut from Ego. It was $599 (from $649). It does include a 7.5mah battery, which normally around $300-$400. I bought it to replace a 6 year old Honda HRX that had issues with the mulching mechanism. The ONLY reason why I bought the Ego is because I have two of their other tools (string trimmer and blower). So the batteries are interchangeable. Otherwise, I would stick to a cheaper lawn mower to supplement your riding one.