Efco trimmer recall

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just received an email today saying that the selected trimmers that were originally recalled during the 2013 recall because of the broken muffler problem and either were not repaired or were repaired are now going to be replaced.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just for my information, are Efco trimmers a stand alone brand or built by someone else. Never see or heard of this brand before.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The are a stand alone brand made in Italy. Formally known as Olympic or Olympia, I don't remember which. Have a 5 year warranty on their products including chainsaws.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Efco and Oleomac are owned by Emak hence the name.
Both big business in 70s joined together in the early 90s.
Emak also own Tecomec
They produce very good 2 stroke engine which is fitted to all different manufacturers including Stihl, Husqvarna etc.
Very reliable product which I used to sell and never had problems but prices started to get high so had to change to suit my market.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for the info, us old farts still can learn something new each day.

MRCo.

Threads
Yeah, the orignally recalled units have to be done again...the government decided the improved muffler they ok'd wasn't...ok. Not a big deal. Those models are very powerful and heavy duty at agreat price. I sold a bunch and people love them. Efco deserve a look in, I have been extremely happy to deal them. Great back up from the company.