echo pb500-t

jackcu

Threads
I am having trouble with carburetor. Can not get it adjusted to run properly. Does anyone have suggestions on how to set Carb on this blower?

trekgod3

Threads
You can get a new WLA-1 carb on ebay for $15 to $20. Don't bother messing with the old one and just swap it out. I've done the same on a few of my Echo's I've bought second hand. They all get a new carb and a tune up kit. Makes them run like factory new.

JBtoro

Threads
StarTech's chart is super; didn't know there was one. You will also need a "small D" tool for the WLA-1, I believe. They can be had now on Amazon, etc. but at one time the tool was prohibited for sale to anyone but a dealer. EPA stuff. Trekgod is right, aftermarket units are the easiest way to go @ less than $20. Back in 2015 when I bought my used PB500, the only option was OEM @ $70 plus!

jackcu

Threads
i did buy an aftermarket carb and i worked fine once i read the chart startech posted. I have most of the carb adjustment tools but the new carb actually came with slotted needle valves so I used a small flat head screw driver

trekgod3

Threads
i did buy an aftermarket carb and i worked fine once i read the chart startech posted. I have most of the carb adjustment tools but the new carb actually came with slotted needle valves so I used a small flat head screw driver
That's the other benefit of the cheap ebay carbs, they don't come with those caps over the adjusters, or require special carb tools

seagiant

Threads
Hi,
The cheap $10 carbs from China seem to work for awhile then go South pretty quick for me.
I've gone back to OEM and then OEM rebuild kits when needed, lesson learned.
You need to pressure test,vacumn test crankcase and can also test the carb.
Plenty of informative vids out there on how to do it, might keep you from chasing your tail???