Echo PB-770T starter binding?

GMX

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi - got myself a PB-770T backpack blower recently. I have only used it a couple times so far, but every time I try to start it, the recoil starter is very difficult to pull. It feels like it's binding -- I'll pull it and before it gets 1/2way out, it will jerk the whole unit. I already have my foot on the bottom plate of the blower, but I also have to steady the backpack using my hand just to keep it from getting pulled out from under my foot.

Once I 'secure' it like this it does start, on 1 or 2 pulls. And then it runs fine (ran it for about 2 hours so far). It just seems excessively difficult to get the recoil starter to turn.

I have a 2-cycle Echo trimmer and granted, it's a much smaller tool than this, but it never gave me any trouble on the pull stroke. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the starter you think?

Thanks!

GMX

Forum Newbie
Threads
See page 29 in Operators Manual & read carefully using 89 octane unleaded fuel & OEM Echo 2 cycle oil, spark plug gap, etc.
I use 93 octane fuel in everything. If you're still having problems I would return unit for a new one.
Thanks -- I was using PowerCare pre-mix fuel (ethanol-free, 92-octane 50:1 from HD). Plug was pre-installed from the factory.

Of course returning it would be a pain, had it shipped from SherrillTree, but I'll take a look at their policy and see how they might handle this.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Another reason to purchase from your local dealer.