Echo ES2400 leaf blower runs when horizontal-stalls when pointer downward

jsprice71743

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Echo ES2400 leaf blower runs when horizontal-stalls when pointer downward
Echo ES2400 leaf blower runs when horizontal-stalls when pointer downward. Just had carb cleaned by a mechanic. He said it runs great. I get it home...have to use starting fluid to start it...runs great when blower tube is horizontal to the ground, bogs down and nearly kills when blower tube is pointing downward. Frustrating...ran 6 years like a champ.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
Maybe the clunk is loose in the fuel tank, or hung near the back of the tank. Fill the tank completely. If it runs in downward position, the clunk is off the fuel pickup, or hung.

Threads
I agree with John ......... Or where the carb is attached to the engine there might be a rubber boot right there that is not on right or split open...

I didn't look up your model so don't bank on my opinion... Worth a look because the carb was taken off and now it has issues.... Maybe spray carb cleaner NOT starting fluid around the base of the carb where it attaches....

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

(Account Closed)

Threads
The intake does NOT have a rubber "bellows"(intake manifold): https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...d-n-vac/es-255/es-2400-type-1e/intake-exhaust

Also, empty the fuel tank and make sure the filtered fuel line has NOT been shortened / broke and the filter reaches ALL the way down (angled where your having issues). If too short, it'll suck air

I would check fuel lines very closely. They tend to harden up/ crack and leak over time (especially if ethanol fuel is left in the machine).

If their even slightly hard, replace them.

Your very likely sucking air once you move the machine about.

Last edited:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
To anyone who doesn't know, the "clunk" refers to the in-tank fuel filter. I have had mine get hung up before.

Last edited:

bogdaN

Threads
To anyone who doesn't know, the "clunk" refers to the in-tank fuel filter. I have had mine get hung up before.

THANK,S FOR EXPLANATION.DAN