Echo Barrel Carb Small D Adjusting tool

artemjemmy

Threads
I am looking for the very small d tool used to adjust the idle mixture needle that is at the center of the barrel on many zama carbs used on echo equiment (and others). I managed to find one on amazon but it is still slightly too large.

upupandaway

Threads
Did you try a jeweler's screwdriver? It's in a set at walmart\northern tools\grocery store\etc for a few bucks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The pn for the Echo tool is 91159L. They are not cheap however.

I am looking for the very small d tool used to adjust the idle mixture needle that is at the center of the barrel on many zama carbs used on echo equiment (and others). I managed to find one on amazon but it is still slightly too large.
also what is too large? Outside diameter or is it the D socket itself?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a big D a small D & a double D
In some places it is illegal to sell the tools retail
OTOH the overseas vendors bypass local laws and it is cheaper to buy the 6,8,10,12,14 tool set than to get a single one .
So Alibaba and search "carburettor tool kit "
You will get 50 pages to wade through
while most will have a minimum buy ( because it is supposed to be a B2B platform , not a retail one ( hence bypassing retail sales laws ) nearly every vendor will do a 1 to 5 ltem "sample sale" at a higher price but still about 1/2 to 1/3 to buying local even if you can buy local .

Markdd52

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have bought two different sets from amazon, and cover the majority of screw types on carbs. The more pieces, the better.

artemjemmy

Threads

Telesis

Threads
You can buy a 10 tool set on ebay for around $16 w free shipping. (search 'carburetor tools') I bought one of these sets and they've worked fine for me....

fwiw!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes most of the after market 2 cycle tools are poorly made. It took getting three kit to one that fit fairly well. Yet I put my oem tools in place of the Chinese ones where I had them.

But at least the last set had the A circle tools.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The micro D tool in my set didn't work well. I took a piece of thin wall brass tubing and tapped it onto the adjusting screw and it works fine.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
this is the set i got, currently unavailable 21 Teeth Splined + 7 Teeth Splined + Single D + Small Head Single D + Double D + Pac Man + Small Head Pac Man + Hexagon.
So far haven't had any issues with fitting.