Ech749

Coleevans321

Threads
When motor gets in load motor loses power and takes roughly 30 seconds to resume operating rpms. New high pressure fuel pump, pickup fuel pump, plugs, and fuel lines. I have performed a ecu and tps reset followed by a tps learn procedure. Motor runs great with light loads but once in thick grass problem occurs. Thanks for any tips or advice.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Loosing spark on one cylinder under load possibly. I would start looking into the more normal things that could occur if it was a carb style engine.

Coleevans321

Threads
Yes but it still has spark plugs, and ignition modules that can cause issues. Referring to things that could cause issues outside of EFI
I apologize, I read the previous comment wrong. Found the solution. Fuel pick up had a crack that the naked eye could not see. Replaced pickup and that corrected problem. By the way for future reference this was on a grasshopper 327k

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for letting us know what the solution was. Worked on a similar style Bushhog brand front deck mower a few years ago that the pickup tube has an internal screen about half way up the tube, and it was packed full of grass.