EarthWise 24V Cordless mower

XxHaimBondxX

Threads
Hello all,

I had this mower for 5 years and it served me well. Currently, it takes me two charges to mow my entire lawn, front and back. That is not a huge problem, as I'm somewhat lazy :laughing:.

I was wondering if I could power the mower directly from the outlet, using the plug pictured. The plug you see is hooked up to the battery and is identical to a PC cord. It does say 10A 250V, however, I'm not sure it applied to the motor itself, but rather to the cord. Any thoughts?

jsXm2eg1n-XljdFe2Xmwe-rwojpEeucrByVSabTBMQ4=w430-h574-no

KrashnKraka

Threads
Hello all,

I had this mower for 5 years and it served me well. Currently, it takes me two charges to mow my entire lawn, front and back. That is not a huge problem, as I'm somewhat lazy :laughing:.

I was wondering if I could power the mower directly from the outlet, using the plug pictured. The plug you see is hooked up to the battery and is identical to a PC cord. It does say 10A 250V, however, I'm not sure it applied to the motor itself, but rather to the cord. Any thoughts?

jsXm2eg1n-XljdFe2Xmwe-rwojpEeucrByVSabTBMQ4=w430-h574-no

... relates to the standard of the "cord".
Please do tell you are not intending to charge and mow?
Is that even possible with these rigs! Anyone?

KK

XxHaimBondxX

Threads
... relates to the standard of the "cord".
Please do tell you are not intending to charge and mow?
Is that even possible with these rigs! Anyone?

KK

What do you mean "charge and mow"? That's how it usually works. When the battery was fresh, it ran for 40-50 minutes.

KrashnKraka

Threads
What do you mean "charge and mow"? That's how it usually works. When the battery was fresh, it ran for 40-50 minutes.

...mybad, poor engrish.
Should read "charge AND mow", like at the same time.
Many many moons ago in this country we had 240V powered
mowers running off a very long "cord" you draped over your shoulder.
A number of folk were killed, mowing.

Clearer?

KK

XxHaimBondxX

Threads
...mybad, poor engrish.
Should read "charge AND mow", like at the same time.
Many many moons ago in this country we had 240V powered
mowers running off a very long "cord" you draped over your shoulder.
A number of folk were killed, mowing.

Clearer?

KK

Why did they get killed? Ran over the cord? This mower does not run from the charger port, that's why I thought it would run directly from the battery plug. However, as I realize, it has a DC motor, so I would need some sort of inverter.

MowerMike

Threads
What you trying to do is convert your mower from cordless to corded, which is possible but a lot more complicated and expensive than simply rebuilding your battery. The DC motor that is used in a battery powered cordless mower is very different from the AC motor used in a corded mower that is connected to a 120 vac household outlet. I rebuilt the battery on mine for $80 with two 12V 22Ah AGM batteries, that actually outperform the OEM originals. You can find them online, and they are cheaper if you buy them as a 2-pack set.

KrashnKraka

Threads
Why did they get killed? Ran over the cord?
[...]
The detail is lost in time but yes, that was one factor.
Replacing copper wire fuses with bobbypins, nappypins, clothesline wire - to name
a few 'fixes' - was another. "Cords" in those days were rubberised and perished
easily. Some suppliers even used cotton braided rubber, as was used for home
kitchen appliances (since outlawed). Both these "cords" were killers, anywhere.

The most common though was mowing in rain and mist, early mornings - in
bare feet I add. An old friend of mine had his father killed when he was just nine.
Early morning, Father had mowed and was rolling up the "cord". A bad section
grabbed him and electrocuted him.
There is a lot to be said for change.

The rest of your post I struggle with yet <mowermike>seems to have a handle on it
so I bow out. Thanks for asking :)

KK

XxHaimBondxX

Threads
What you trying to do is convert your mower from cordless to corded, which is possible but a lot more complicated and expensive than simply rebuilding your battery. The DC motor that is used in a battery powered cordless mower is very different from the AC motor used in a corded mower that is connected to a 120 vac household outlet. I rebuilt the battery on mine for $80 with two 12V 22Ah AGM batteries, that actually outperform the OEM originals. You can find them online, and they are cheaper if you buy them as a 2-pack set.

There are 2-packs on Amazon that you mentioned, but it will total up to $100. Do you know of another reliable source that sells them cheaper? Also I noticed my wheels are getting wobbly and have a feeling they will fall off soon. Did you have any issues?

MowerMike

Threads
There are 2-packs on Amazon that you mentioned, but it will total up to $100. Do you know of another reliable source that sells them cheaper? Also I noticed my wheels are getting wobbly and have a feeling they will fall off soon. Did you have any issues?

These should work fine >>> Amazon.com: ML22-12 - 12V 22AH Schumacher DSR ProSeries PSJ-2212 Jump Starter Booster Battery - 2 Pack - Mighty Max Battery brand product: Electronics

I've had my mower for 3 years w/o any problems with the wheels, but you can buy replacements fairly cheaply online from sellers like ordertree.com. Just search online using the part numbers in the back of the manual.

blownb310

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have this mower and it is two years old now. No problems with it, but the plastic rear wheels are a weak point and are susceptible to being overloaded [bending] if you are too rough with them, i.e. abruptly changing direction on a slope or in a ditch and over-stressing them.