dumb question time

2ball

Threads
How high would I need to get my riding lawn mower wheels up so oil does not come out of the oil drain hole when I remove the drain plug?

I want to add a oil drain hose to the oil drain hole so I don't have another Valdez oil spill in my garage when I change the oil.

if I got the "drivers" side wheels up 2 feet would that keep oil from coming out?

Would that cause any issues?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure what kind of engine is on that mower but leaning it way over can really cause a mess in the motor sometimes. I usually make a chute out of cardboard to channel the oil from the drain pipe to a pan.

Sangalli

Forum Newbie
Threads
How high would I need to get my riding lawn mower wheels up so oil does not come out of the oil drain hole when I remove the drain plug?

I want to add a oil drain hose to the oil drain hole so I don't have another Valdez oil spill in my garage when I change the oil.

if I got the "drivers" side wheels up 2 feet would that keep oil from coming out?

Most likely that's high enough. Pull the plug slowly and be ready to put it back in if it does run out. Or just do a fresh oil change while your at it!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The base of the engine needs to be around 30 deg to the horrizontal .
The oil level is just below the sump gasket

2ball

Threads
maybe i can siphon some out of the fill hole.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I haven't removed a drain in a couple years now to do oil changes on lawn mowers but of course I have a pneumatic oil change system now. Much less oil spills in the shop now. This got to have oil drain pan for hyrostatic oil change though.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Maybe

Maybe Fumoto or someone else makes a valve that will work?