Drive belt

telejojo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a raptor sd 54 and having trouble keeping the drive belt on. As long as you are on level ground it's fine no problem but if you get one rear tire higher than the other, such as a good size bump or slope,o little and try to turn off comes the belt. Today I got the right rear tire on a little hump and tried to turn and this time broke the belt. Something can't be right with this I'M having a hard time keeping my grass cut.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is likely you have a broken screw (bolt) on the cross brace, I had a Hustler and Gravely in earlier this with the these broken with just the nut end missing. Both were throwing the belts. Also check for any other missing screws and nuts that mounts the hydros. At one time Hustler was using plain nuts instead locking nuts so they were just coming off due vibrations.

Also check the fans on both hydros for curling up into the belt path. Another problem with Hustlers is that they use a 2" idler in the drive belt path which due the speed it has to turn at causes a lot bearing failures. Anytime the drive belt has to replace it is recommend that the 2" idler to replaced too unless it has changed very recently.

telejojo

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's kinda what I was thinking because bending the suspension is throwing it out of line gotta be something loose.