Dixie Chopper Xcaliber vs Hustler Super Z vs Wright ZXT

Farmer Duke

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper Xcaliber vs Hustler Super Z vs Wright ZXT
Was needing everyone’s thoughts between the 3. DC and Hustler has the Kwai FX1000 carb engine and the Wright is the Vanguard 40hp EFI. DC is 66” and other two are 60” decks. Which one leaves the best cut. Heard some mixed reviews on the VX4 of the Super Z. Thanks in advance.

mechanizm

Threads
don't get a fuel injected lawn mower. I HATE fuel injection. When the thing breaks you will have to F'k around to figure out the problem. Carbs have been working great for decades. no need to make a lawn more more complex than it has to be.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dixie Chopper XCaliber is an awesome mower. Can't say anything bad about the EFI engines. Dixie Chopper has been using Kohler EFI's since the '90s with very few problems.

mechanizm

Threads
Dixie Chopper XCaliber is an awesome mower. Can't say anything bad about the EFI engines. Dixie Chopper has been using Kohler EFI's since the '90s with very few problems.
and my Honda Civic went 145,000 miles with no EFI problems but NOW it's a time-wasting nightmare. I never have these problems with my 62, 3/4 Chevy. Start / Drive / Have fun . The ONLY thing that I have to do is if I let it sit for a week, I have to squirt some gas into the carb to start or grind the starter until the float bowl fills. Humans have gotten soft and now must pay and pay and pay for the convenience.

Now... having said this, a fuel injection set-up on an air-cooled engine is much simpler than in a car so maybe in this application it's a reasonable upgrade over a carb...