Dixie Chopper X2503-60 Kohler engine missing only when making a right turn

busheadfox

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper X2503-60 Kohler engine missing only when making a right turn
I can't figure it out. Just replaced the sump gasket and bottom seal on Kohler motor from oil leaking problem. Engine runs great now and as long as you are going straight or making left hand turns no problem, but as soon as you try to make a right turn the engine will miss a few times and if you try to make a tight right hand circle around something it will miss so bad than engine will almost cut off and may backfire a time or two. I have jumped out the seat switch and made sure the plug wires were on tight but still misses. It kinda feels like it is being shut off like what would happen if you raised your bottom off of the seat. Any suggestions would be helpful. Seems like its going to be something really simple which is why its so hard to figure out.
Thanks...

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you remount the roll over switch in the wrong position? It is the little round thing mounted in it's own bracket usually on the left side of the engine. It has 2 wires coming out one end. It has to be mounted with the wires pointing up.

busheadfox

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you hlw49. Your solution to my engine missing problem was spot on. The roll over switch was indeed mounted with the wires tilted 90 degrees to the left which seemed to line up the wires better but caused the missing problem. Looking at it for the first time I could see exactly why it was causing the problem and knew it was going to fix it before even correcting its position. With the switch laying on its side the mercury would move to the left whenever the mower was making a right turn and would make the connection with the contacts grounding out the motor. It just goes to show you no matter how much you think you know about everything there will always be more things that you don't know then you think you do know. Again thank you for your quick response to my issue and your knowledge of lawnmowers.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you for your kind words and thanks for helping you correct your problem. Wish there were more people like you on the forum. This kind of response make us feel good when we help.