Dixie Chopper 27 HP Generac 60 "

brent321

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got a problem with starting ..Broke a belt and pulled it in the garage . Deck to motor belt . Changed belt and doing so I has to unplug clutch . After getting done went to start but it won't do anything
. I did find a fuse blow but I may of done that when I use a screw drive to go across start . Replace fuse I can hear the horn but can 't here the clutch kick in when pulling switch and engine won't
turn over . ....I've check both starter and clutch switch and I think there good . 2760 Birthday was 2010

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove battery & have it load tested at auto parts store, should not cost you anything. If you have to purchase new battery make sure CCA's are the same as old battery or better yet look in your Operators Manual. See battery page 46 in parts manual below.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not enough info what model D/C do you have sounds like a Classic since you had to take the clutch wire off to replace the belt. Could be a switch they are 5 amp switches but rare to blow. PTO switch as the start circuit goes through it. Check to see if ignition and PTO switches are plugged in properly. Could be a 500097 time delay.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also check to see if you might have inadvertently unplugged the exciter wire on the starter.

parapower

Threads
Most likely you blew one of the didoes go to the manual to locate them replace after you do a multimeter check

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most likely you blew one of the didoes go to the manual to locate them replace after you do a multimeter check
Probably won't get a response last post was July 12.