Disposing of old gas

lrmarker

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do you guys get rid of old, stale gasoline? I have about 10 gal of gas that I need to get rid of.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I put it into the solvent parts washer to mix with the deisel
Down here we are supposed to take it to the tip
If you recycle the sump oil it can be mixed into that as most places just filter out the water & particulates & sell it for shipping as bunker oil as the oil companies spent a fortune making sure that no car driver would use recycled oil
Tyre makers did the same to the retreading industry .

mddickson74

Threads
Glad that you finally posted something.

I use mine to burn old items in my burn pit. I normally have at least 5 gallons left each spring.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It gets dumped in the leaf cutter ant holes that are stripping all the saplings around here...knocks em dead,, just about have them gone off the 30 acres now.

mitchstein443

Threads
Old gas is a reat cleaner for old grimy parts.. I will also use it to thi out used motor oil, then soak cardboard up with it and brn it in the fire pit, it makes a great starter log.. just roll up an old cardboard box put it in an old small trash can and pour in the oil/gas let it sit a few hours-days, then just take it out put it at the bottom of the wood in the pit and use a propane torch to lite it up.. works great...

Old gas is also good for burning out tree stumps, pour it on ant hills, ground wasp nests or anywhere that you do not want bugs, plants or other things to grow, sorta like a combination of weed killer and bug killer. Just smells bad.. make sure to water it down so it soaks into the ground and doesn't become a fire hazard..

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mix it with your used motor oil and Diesel mix. Brush it on your wooden stockade fence or deck. Smell will go away in a day or two. Great way to recycle all the items above.

iowaztr

Threads
The easiest way to dispose of old gas that I have heard of is to get some old gas containers, fill them up and put them in your pickup box. Drive to Wal-Mart or some other big box store. Park with your tailgate down and go shopping for an hour or so. When you come out your old/stale/bad gas will be gone and now is now somebody else's problem.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The easiest way to dispose of old gas that I have heard of is to get some old gas containers, fill them up and put them in your pickup box. Drive to Wal-Mart or some other big box store. Park with your tailgate down and go shopping for an hour or so. When you come out your old/stale/bad gas will be gone and now is now somebody else's problem.
Yup now that gas is $3.15 a gallon thanks to Sleepy Joe Biden. Not talking Cali or NY either. Was $1.69 for E-10 when Trump was in office. F'ing Democraps.

4getgto

Threads
Yup now that gas is $3.15 a gallon thanks to Sleepy Joe Biden. Not talking Cali or NY either. Was $1.69 for E-10 when Trump was in office. F'ing Democraps.
Yes gas was $ 1.69 a gallon in our area too. But that was at the beginning of the pandemic during lockdown and nobody going anywhere. But you're right Trump "was" in office.