Disengaged belt shaking

Nomis123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there.
First time post so please go easy on me. I have a Toro zero turn Mx6000 and I am getting a massive amount of slapping with the belt for deck drive when it is not engaged. I replaced the clutch as I was told that this was the issue and the clutch had some wiring issues that needed to be fixed.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Seems like the main shaft out of the engine is straight and the mower only has 230 hours on it so plenty more life left in it.

not sure what your thoughts are on what else this could be. I have rebuilt all of the spindles on the deck and checked and the tensioner spring is working as expected

thanks in advance
Simon

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things I would check. First, inspect each of the deck pulleys very carefully, looking for any wear, pitting, or bends. A bad pulley will catch a loose belt and cause slapping. Security, carefully inspect the belt, again any wear, cracks or hardness will cause slapping. When checking the belt, look to see if it is still flexible. This will indicate is getting had and not roll properly like a new belt. Has it ever been replaced?

Nomis123

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi and thanks for the response.

I will check all the pulleys today. The belts generally go after around 100 hours so I am on my third belt. I’ll swap it over with a new one today and see if that helps. Might also have less stretch in the new one so let me test it out.
If it doesn’t help I will take a video of it to demonstrate.
Also I think it changes and becomes more stable at higher revs and is amplified at lower revs which is weird to me.
I’ll post later on today with the findings.
Thanks again