deck blades

jactwo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model 1886-01 54" deck. Trying to find blades (takes 3) that fit pattern and look to be 19' in length. Scoured internet but coming up empty.
Any help appreciated

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
no real experience with that and you aren't giving much to go on like the year, manufacturer, deck model etc.. So I am only guessing. Maybe this link might help. http://domania.us/gts-today/GB-Bolens-LargeFrame-Tractors-1971-1987-Files.html

I also found a thread on a tractor forum, (read all the way to page 3) https://www.mytractorforum.com/threads/after-market.191893/ and read it then Googled the updated part number to find them for sale at $87 a set thru Bolens Parts and Supplies but they don't seem to have an address or phone number, they are only contact via their webpage which could be anything these days. Their FB page is in Hamburg, NY. Other than that I have no idea without a lot more info on what you have. The updated part number MIGHT be 172-5522 or 1725522 depending on your desk model. The original number APPEARS TO BE 1722-883 depending on your deck model. that thread also lists an 18 3/4 inch Oregon blade 91-093 which might fit depending on your deck model. That said, the original manual that MIGHT be yours talks about a special lift to the blade to work right. My suggestion is you update your information so others can better help you, and try using a search engine like Google. Basically help us help you.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Scoured the internet ?
did this include going to Oregon, Prime Line. Stens & Rotary catalogues and checking the "Blades by length" charts ?
Removing your blades and measuring the mounting holes I am assuming that you still have the original 1974 2 hole & mounting plate attachment
The only time I fitted these the blade had a center hole + two small holes & they were from a JD
And blade lengths are measured like TV's corner to corner diagionally
It will help greatly if you posted the part number of the blades.
And that model number

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm wondering if this is one of those deals where the Tractor has a model number and the Mower deck has it's own model..... This PDF doesn't include the deck.
Yes
This was a real sub compact tractor & sold like a real tractor as a power unit with optional attachments driven with a solid propellor shaft.
In fact all Bolens products were real tractors until MTD took them over & trashed the entire product line
I have several real Bolens tractors in my service run and would buy any one of them in a blink of an eye should the owners wish to sell but none will .

Last edited: